Located in the town of Bluffton, Hampton Lake is an award-winning private community known for its prime real estate and luxurious amenities. The upscale quality of these features makes it one of the most desirable lakefront communities near Hilton Head Island. Hampton Lake was created by prominent community developer John Reed from The Reed Group. His goal was to give residents an extraordinary coastal living experience in harmony with the natural Lowcountry environment. This lakefront community sets itself apart by the wealth of luxurious amenities not found anywhere else in South Carolina. Large open spaces, campgrounds, a full-service spa, a state-of-the-art fitness facility, and tennis courts are just some of Hampton Lake’s many private resort-style offerings.
Hampton Lake homes come in a variety of sizes and styles, making it easy for buyers to find a house that fits their needs. The neighborhoods are specially designed to accommodate a range of housing options. Homes vary in price point, style, and size. Choose from predesigned single-family homes from collections by K. Hovnanian Homes, Logan Homes, Shoreline Construction, and MAHE Coastal Homes. There are also plenty of carriage-style homes with a turn-of-the-century carriage barn design that balances practicality and sophistication. Hampton Lake also offers lots for sale for those looking to build their own custom homes. Finding a home with the perfect floor plan, amenities, and design is easy at Hampton Lake.
- Golf: Hampton Hall Club is a Pete Dye Signature Golf Course that’s easily accessible to Hampton Lake residents. Other outstanding golf courses found near the community are Hilton Head Lakes Golf Club, Hidden Cypress Golf Club, and Island West Golf Club.
- Tennis and pickleball: Hampton Hall is home to world-class tennis and pickleball facilities. Residents also have access to sports clinics and personal instructors so they can perfect their serve or learn the basics of the game.
- Outdoor spaces: Outpost is the most popular outdoor overnight destination at Hampton Lake. It has a spacious and inviting campground complete with a fire pit, restrooms, and shower facilities. There are also miles of walking trails along the community.
- Hampton Preserve/Lake: The Hampton Preserve is a 340 acre protected forest that provides habitat and open space recreation. There is also the 270 acre Hampton Lake which is maintained as a premier bass fishery and invites waterfowl to the area.
- Water recreation: Boating, paddle boating, kayaking, fishing, and other fun lake activities can be enjoyed right here at Hampton Lake. Adventure Lagoon is a resort-style pool complete with cabana seating.
- Wellness options: Hampton Lake provides a state-of-the-art fitness center with the latest equipment and aerobic machines, as well as a spa with an array of services and treatment rooms for men and women. Walking and biking trails are found throughout the area, as well.
Home Types: Single Family Homes
Price Range: $400,000 to $1,400,000
Ameneties: Golf Course, Clubhouse, Tennis, Pickleball, Campgrounds, Walking Trails, Pool, Watersports, Fitness Center/Spa, Gated, 24/7 security
POA Fee: $3,763 Annually
Capital Contribution: $2,750